Sunday, March 25, 2012

So confusing...

Okay, so I'm confused.  I have back pain.  It comes in two sources:

  1. I just discovered that this was the source:  Where a certain portion of my back leans against something and it aches, it's not "general back pain", it's where the lamenectomy (cut portions of the bone) was.  This is why driving is so obnoxious, because there's no way to sit in a bucket seat that doesn't have this part of the back pressing against the seat.  Whereas I can avoid that region of the back in any other kind of chair, or at least sit in a softer chair.
  2. Aching along the inside of the incision.  However, its source is confusing.  It could be either:
    1. Me overdoing it, and this (in the worst case) is a ripping along the inside of the incision, or whatever other healing is happening back there.  This is what I felt like yesterday.
    2. Me exercising, it aching, and then getting stronger.  This is what I felt like today.  In the morning anyway.
So do I do less or more?  It's so confusing.  But I guess it's better in this case to err on the side of not having to go back for surgery again later.

In other news, we went hunting all over the valley for catheters yesterday.  The urologist had told us earlier in the week to use sterile, but the PA had told us earlier that cleaning them for up to a week was okay.  Which has the natural consequence of running through them 7 times faster.  We're waiting for insurance to clear a company to ship us a month's worth, but while we're waiting, we ran out of the doctor's samples, so we had to go get some.  Place A was out, and they referred us to place B, which only sells large supplies (like specific chairs, etc.), who referred us to place C, where we finally got some....

No comments:

Post a Comment