Saturday, March 10, 2012

Running

Hey, I get to do a 'running' post!  Well, it's not really running yet, but we're twice as close as we used to be.

The last status was that I did .25 miles in 8:45 (1.7mph).  Well, a day or two later, I did it in 7:30 (2mph).  Yesterday, I did .5 mile in 11:00 (2.7mph average), with the first quarter at 2.5 mph (6 min) and the second quarter at 3mph (5 min).  Which is almost a respectable walking pace.  When I was done, I was almost starting to sweat, and I had to do a cooldown walk in the 1s to give my legs a break.

Then I took a half hour nap at work a few hours later, and had to catch up a little bit in the evening.

The ironic part of this is that a month ago, 2.5 and 3 were the slowest pace I would ever be willing to go, and they would be the tail end of a cooldown of a hard run.

On the other hand, at this rate, if I can drop my quarter mile time by one minute every day or two, then tomorrow I'll be about to do a 49 minute 5K, and the next day a 36 minute 5K, and the next day 24 minutes, and the next day 12 minutes (world record), and then 0 minutes (Buzz Lightyear speed).

Of course, linear progression is very impossible, so we'll take what we can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment