Saturday, March 31, 2012

Exercise

Exercise update:

Wednesday, we (a youth group and various adults and I) went to the mall to play "Where's Waldo", where we had to identify other adults from the neighborhood in disguise.  It was lots of fun.  Problem was, another neighborhood was doing it too, so at times we were staring at their neighbors in disguise, kinda creepily, and theirs were doing it to us.  So we're a bunch of creepy stalkers, oh well.

Well, the mall is kinda big, so there was lots of walking.  Chances are this was the most walking I've done to date, some of it kinda fast, too, but I have no idea how far it was.

A coworker who had surgery two weeks ago has started "competing" with me - he made a 3 mile walk a few days ago (maybe it's me who's competing with him).

Friday, I ran from one end of our office building to the other.  At around 4mph.  Then my quads and lower back (not my incision area) were stiff.  It was like I'd never used those muscles before.  But at least they're responding, and not just blocks of stone.  My competitor-at-arms-at-work walked about 2.5 miles during a lunch break.  He wins.

I told my wife about this, and she was supportive and encouraging, which is good.  I told my sister and she was like "what are you thinking" :)  I didn't tell my mom.

Today I ran a little less than a mile ranging from 4.0 to 4.4.  Why did I run?  Because running at 4 is less strenuous on the back than walking at that pace is.  Made it a total distance of 2.1 miles before I got tired.  Then I wanted to take a nap by 10:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment