Thursday, February 2, 2012

Proxy rant

Sorry, not all posts are going to be updates on my condition.  For now I just have a rant about computers.

So, at work, to get on the internet (my browser's dictionary just flagged 'internet' as a misspelled word), I have to change the proxy settings to "Automatically detect proxy settings".

When I bring my computer home (I'll leave the question as to whether my computer is a laptop or not as an exercise to the reader), I have to change it to "No proxy".

Rant:
Why can't "Automatically detect proxy settings" automatically detect that there's no proxy?

1 comment:

  1. I hate this too. My "solution" is to setup a keyboard shortcut to launch chrome with the --proxy-server command line option. I use one shortcut for the proxy and one for non-proxy browsing. :(

    ReplyDelete