Saturday, February 18, 2012

And back again


So interesting couples of days.  I also can't type with my left my left index finger, so that is clearly where any typos will be.

Within a half an hour of getting home, my legs start feeling tingly.  So I go to move to the couch my with my wife's help.  This is the first time in all of this I need help lifting.   After about 10 minutes of that getting worse, we decide we need to call the doctor, and he tells us to come back.

We had to get an awesome neighbor's help to get back in the car with some nursing techniques ( nursing as in medical and not as in breastfeeding), and the doctor got us back in the MRI once we got there.  We decide we need to go back into surgery to remove a hematoma.  I couldn't even undress at this point, and had to 3 guys taking off my pants.

Today was rough.  Now they had put in a drain to drain the blood, but once the blood was gone, it created a reverse pressure chamber against the spinal canal.  The doctor wishes the nurse would have notified him sooner that it wasn't just blood a little more quickly.

They were trying to work me up to pooping and to walking around, but I couldn't get up because of all the spinal fluid drainage.  But after the doctor came and looked at it early this afternoon, removed the drain, and having the nurses check the padding all day for spinal fluid or blood, then theoretically both problems are fixed, and I have to build the fluid back up.  We had tried to have me ready to walk by 4, but 2 hours wasn't enough to build it back AND work up to inclining, OR I just hadn't eaten much over the last few days and it just wore me out, so we'll try again tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. (Bryan's wife typing) He should clarify that the reason he can't type with his index finger is because he has the monitors on it, not due to a complication from surgery.

    ReplyDelete