Friday, February 24, 2012

Back to the drawing board, part 2

The next day, we arise in good spirits - starting to get hungry, no pain, with the room still spinning.  However, with everything, nobody will give us food until the doc says so.  Problem is - he's in surgery.  (What? He has other patients??!!1)  But his PA comes in and examines my dressing, and was very clearly "That's CSF") - coming through the skin.

He does let me eat though - so I have 2-3 saltines and half a spoon of jello.   Bout an hour later we were talking about food with some staff, and then the dr walks in and says ""no food - we need to get back into surgery" to fix the leak.  He had spent the last few days hoping the exhibited leak would finish healing.

We spent the next few hours waiting with a very "we're ready" attitude.  Some visitors at work and family - it was very nice again.  We watched the next Castle (we had fortunately the previous season, and caught up on Psych).

This time the whole admission was more normal, and they covered things I had missed on the second one (since that one was more emergency).

The radio played "Already gone" as we were wheeling into the pre-op.  Jerks.

As I was coming out of surgery, it was very surreal.  It was like I was a part of a big puzzle waiting to be claimed.  I'm sure as I trying to explain this to my wife she thought I was a little nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment