Friday, February 10, 2012

Nutrition code of conduct

This is about a week old in my head.  You'll see how in a sec.

We're going to prove by induction how to eat healthily.

Base case 1: not eating junk food is healthy.
Base case 2: eating junk food makes you want more junk food.

Inductive case: After eating bite N of junk food, you're going to want bit N+1 of junk food.

Therefore, to eat healthily, you must either not eat junk food, or understand that somewhere after eating some amount of junk food, that YOU WILL NEVER BE SATISFIED, so you might as well stop now.  Or rather, to understand that eating the next bite isn't going to make you want to stop eating.

This was my health conduct last week.  Last week, I pulled the carrot sticks out of my fridge in my office when I had the munchies. 

Today, I ate half a donut and a butterfinger.  Before lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment