Tuesday, February 21, 2012

And then the vomit comes

Ate dinner, waiting for our last walk of the evening, and then right as the evening nurse comes in to check vitals, we vomit all over the place.  Well, by 'we', I mean 'I', and by 'all over the place' means 'in a manner where we had a few seconds to get a bucket, not get it all over everybody, and yet still fill a rather sizeable bucket'.

So we have to decide if it's the vomit that will cause more vomit later, or if it's the kind that "ah, that feels much better", so I make everybody bail the plans for the walk and let me rest for a minute.  Then, about an hour later, I'll all in freak-out mode, which is probably doing bad stuff for my body, and my wife and my nurse "convince" me to go for a walk anyway.  That turned out to be a good thing, and we returned to bed not in not-awful spirits.

We also have to decide if it did something insane like blew open incisions of the spinal cavity or anything last night, but we will don't have any signs of anything bad so far.

Today, so far, nurse comes in, we make a drug plan (to start letting the body take over again), a walking plan, (to let the body take over again) and bowel plan (which really involves doing nothing except eating softer stuff and to let the body take over again).

Was going to try to check work email, but we took work stuff home on Friday and didn't bring it back, so that can wait till later.  Since I was up to date on Friday, and yesterday being a holiday, I was hoping to not get really behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment