Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 3

Kay, I think we have pan managed pretty well.  The things that hurt the most are laying down, standing up, sitting down, laying down, and HICCUPS!  Stupid hiccups.  While trying to manage them, I make them worse and end up with double-hiccups.

Basically when I move, I have to keep my shoulders, hips, and knees aligned. Otherwise it kills.

The thing we do is walk laps around our floor, and occasionally add a few stairs.

So, right now I'm standing in our room typing this.  The nurses removed the catheter this morning and now want me to pee on my own, and I think we're pretty close.  The doctor is expecting to discharge us tomorrow.

Regarding the goals I made about 2 week ago:
Run 30 miles - made about 10.   But 1 was outside trying to get to the next train transfer before two of the present trains would have gotten there, with my computer bag and going under 3 freeways.  I grossly underestimated the trip, but I made it in three trains' time, which is where I would have been if I just would have waited at the stop.

Run 5Ks under 24:00 - I did one, 23:49
Extra work - got about 8 hours.
Got some of the in-head code done.  One of them is a hard problem which I haven't solved all the way before.
Didn't do much music except a little doodling.
I did make a new Monkey at work - the "You're so monkey and you don't even know it" for a coworker who last week  quoted "You're so money..." from Swingers various times.
No real hot dates, unless you could laying down watching movies and playing games, which for us kind of does.

No comments:

Post a Comment