Friday, February 24, 2012

Discharge for real!

Get back to the same room, and another normal evening.  This time, recovery hurts more, as I expected it to, but:

THE ROOM ISN'T SPINNING ANYMORE

So we spend the evening watching the 1st disc of Castle Season 4.  I swear it looped 5 times before I made my wife shut it off.

Morning comes, we start inclining the bed (coming off of flat rest, prepping to walk).  We go walking, and this time it hurts really bad.  In fact this is the first time I haven't made it up yet.  I kind of got stuck at the extend-your-legs point.  But I pushed through it, and made it to a perceived 7 on the pain scale.  But the rest of it is okay, except maybe the sitting part.  The bed just seems so much further away this time than before.

The doctor comes and says he would like to discharge us today.  As long as PT says we're ready, he didn't see much point in us staying there much longer.  He draws up the papers and leaves it in our hands.

My wife and I talk about that and she gets her hopes up.  I feel the need to put my foot down and make it clear that it I'm not okay with it it's not going to happen.

So we wash, and the sink is too far away, and we walk a few more times.  Then I decide it's time to go, even though I only actually pushed up from the bed once.

Then we had to call in a guy to charge up the car, and call a repairman to get the key out of the ignition, get my mother-in-law and brother-in-law to come get us (he just happened to be in town on the way to ND).  Took about 10 minutes to get out of the car, because you know, they're not flat, and then get in the house.

Lots of family to celebrate finally getting home, and then went to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment