Sunday, December 25, 2011

Piano tuning

Tuning a piano is a pain.  But just cuz it takes so long.  I do it to mine about every 6-9 months, and I can't bear to pay somebody $100, even if it takes me longer.  The first time I did it, it took me about 8 hours, but I was doing it by ear with a tuning fork, but then we got a digital tuner later, and then it only takes 2-3 hours.  Although, it still only registers the middle so the bottom and top have to be done by ear.  But that's okay, since we don't use those parts as much so I don't care if it's as perfect.  That and the bottom notes only have one string anyway.  (Stupid half the piano has 3 strings per note...)

Kids were helping for a bit today, and then did a bit more after they went to bed.  Still have 2.5 octaves to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment