Sunday, December 11, 2011

Piano - 7 yo's recital

So, a few weeks ago, our 7yo had a recital.  I was surprised when the teacher asked him to get a family member to do a duet with him, and I was chosen.

If you know anything about me and piano, I can't sight read worth crap.  I can play a few songs (of level 3-4 out of 10, if one handed Twinkle Twinkle Little Star is level 1 and Hungarian Rhapsody #2 is level 8-9), but they took time to get.

So we play a 1-page duet, his part is 1-2 notes at any time, and mine is the same with 8th notes.  I was nervous.  He did fine.  After a few weeks of practicing, I have my part mostly done, but couldn't really get the whole way through without stopping or without a little mess-up, and that's how our performance was.  I only missed the left hand on a few of the measures though.  He learned how to listen to my part out of it, and we learned to play together.

No comments:

Post a Comment