Sunday, December 11, 2011

German

So (I just realized I start all of these with 'so'),  I spent a few years in middle school studying Spanish, and spent some time in Argentina, so I became kind of fluent there.  My wife studied German in MS/HS, and spent some time touring in Austria/Germany/Switzerland, and became kind of fluent there.  As I already mentioned, I want to do everything she does, so I've been picking up a little German from time to time (like once every two weeks).

So far, I've found http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/German to be a nice beginner's resource.  I'm on the 4th lesson now, and have found some things fascinating, like

  • nouns are capitalized
  • the word for 'girl' is neither masculine nor feminine
Maybe someday it would be cool to be fluent in a dozen languages, but I'm too 'faul' for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment