Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Band Concerts

Went to a Middle School band concert tonight - 4 of my 6 boy scouts (4/5 if you don't count the one who doesn't live in the boundaries anymore) are in the band.  It was pretty good.

I went to my wife's band concert last week (she teaches elementary school band).  They do good for what they have - a total of 20 kids in each band, compared to the MS's ~100.

I also had the kids at the concert last week, but I didn't have to shush them as much as normal, but still biting nails every time they moved.  Therefore the following isn't quite as true as it used to be:

Taking kids to 5 Guys is to taking kids to band concerts as going to 5 Guys alone is to going to band concerts alone.  The first time we went to 5 Guys was "how fast can we get out of here" vs. "wow, this is actually an enjoyable experience".

No comments:

Post a Comment