Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Finally running again!!

So, I've been sick for about 2 1/2 weeks.  After my 4.5 mile run 3 Saturdays ago, I felt a cold/flu coming on.  I was pretty sick Sunday-Tuesday, but was still having breathing issues. Like an awesome stubborn person, I didn't go to the doctor.  One reason was I had a follow-up dr appointment for ANOTHER problem, last Monday (8 days ago).

In the middle of that, last Wednesday, I run about 5 minutes at 5 mph and got exhausted.

Anyway, I finally go to the doctor last Saturday.  He said my virus causing my problems had passed, but my asthma kept the airways tight.  So he gave me Prednizone (oh yeaaaah), and now we're finally clearing up.

So today, I ran 2 miles, 1 mile in 7:30 and 1 in 12:30 (warm-up and cool-down).  More harder later.

Side effect of not running in 3 weeks, and worsening in junk food habits: gaining about 4 pounds.  Poop.

No comments:

Post a Comment