Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Adventures in Medicine, Part 8 - the neurologist

We visit the neurologist, a little later with appointments as they are.

We were 10 minutes late.  Google maps led us astray - we were surfing through the medical complex across the street.  We called them, and fortunately they held our slot, because somebody else's follow-up showed up 15 minutes early.

We go in.  He tests arm, leg, hand, foot, finger, and toe strength.  He tests reflexes.  He asks about my symptoms, and comes up with a theory:

I've spent the last 30 years of my life training my bladder muscles to hold it in, that now they are too tight and hard to relax.  So now I need to untrain them, by keeping hydrated, getting plenty of sleep, and peeing every hour.

He schedules a brain and lumbar-spine MRI anyway, for the next Monday, Jan 30th just to be sure.

We schedule a followup for about 6 weeks later, not expecting complications.

No comments:

Post a Comment