Sunday, May 20, 2012

LAN party with Diablo 3

So, some friends of mine bought Diablo 3, and one of them invited me to a Diablo 3 LAN party.  I didn't want to buy it (yet), so we postulated that I could play with them for a bit with a guest pass.  So we and a few other friends tried to find me one for a few days (most of them bought the digital version), until a friend at work had a friend who didn't need one and I borrowed his.

So we're all excited, show up to the LAN party, and then after a few minutes we realize that guest players can only play with other guest players (or random strangers).  Cheap.  So I spent 4 hours and went as far as I could on the guest mode by myself (with the other guys from the LAN party).

All in all, it's a pretty fun game.  The story seemed a lot like the original Diablo I played in 1997 - you had to fight the Skeleton King, and then the Butcher.  The story presented itself a little more clearly and the UI was nicer.

However, after the 4 hours, I think that was good enough - I've had my feel and I don't really feel the need to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment