Sunday, May 20, 2012

Book review

So, my wife and I just started reading this book called "Divergent".  So far it's about a teenage girl who makes a Hogwarts-sorting-hat-style choice against her family and the results.  We haven't hit the central conflict yet.

Recently I also read the first 2 Beyonders books (my wife bought me the sequel thinking I had read the first, so I figured I'd better read them).  They were pretty good.  Then my sister told me she thought they were kind of slow, and then I kind of agreed.

Before that, I read the "Ghost of Tatooine", a Star Wars novel taking place after "Jedi" and before the Timothy Zahn trilogy.  I only sort of like reading books like this, because sometimes they're just filler novels and don't advance the story.  I really enjoyed the Timothy Zahn trilogy a long time ago.  I imagine if I had read some other Star Wars trilogy I might have enjoyed that and then in the future had no interest to read the Timothy Zahn one.  Does that make any sense?

That being said, it was a pretty good book.

Perhaps I'm at the point where I've (finally) read enough books that I'm now recognizing "Hey, this sounds a lot like 'Book X', and I really don't want to get into that again".

No comments:

Post a Comment