Thursday, May 10, 2012

Hooray for mouse pointers!

So, I run Fedora 15 Linux with Gnome 3 at work.  I'd rather run windows, because I think its desktop environment actually works (I respect your differing opinion in this regard - I think Linux is a better server environment), but the environments we develop server apps that run on Linux, so we develop on Linux.

Anyway, about 1/3 of the time, after unlocking my screen, the mouse pointer disappears.  The mouse still works; you just can't see the pointer.

The funny part is that sometimes it takes me about 20 minutes to notice - I can run my command line and editor without it, but Email with Lotus Notes is difficult without a mouse.  At least it implements mouseovers in decent places, so I can get close to my desired click and go trial and error from there.

Surfing the web is also hard - it took me about 3 minutes to click the 30 pixel "sign your timecard" button.

But then, on the next lock and unlock, it comes back, and there is much rejoicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment