Sunday, May 20, 2012

3 runs this week

So I have a race next week, the one I sponsor twice a week at work.  I'm still a bit slower than before the surgery.  (I can do most everything else I used to could (sorry, I had to say it that way), such as pullups, pushups, situps.  I guess I can't reach the first knuckle past my toes either...)

Tuesday I wanted to see if I could do it at a 7mph average.  I couldn't - I made it 1.5 miles.
Saturday, I wanted to see if I could do it at 9 min/mile.  I made it 2 miles, but I ran out of time and had to go to...

... the finish line to watch my daughter finish a "Girls on the Run" race.  She's been running for about 2 months, and this was her first 5K.

(I tried to get her into running a few years ago, but she was (and probably still is) more into short sprints).

They finished sometime between 45 and 55.  The timer at the finish line had shut off for some reason.


Later in the afternoon, I decided that part of why I'm still slow(er) is that I haven't done anything to strengthen my legs (since muscle strength contributes to oxygen consumption rate or something like that). So I did a hill session on the treadmill, doing each incline level between 2 and 10, running at 5mph at each one and walking at 3mph between each one at the same level.  I did 2,3,4,5,9 at 2 minutes and 6,7,8,10 at 1 minute.

Going up the stairs was hard after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment