Friday, April 13, 2012

Running

So, Monday, I went on a 10 mile bike ride with the boy scouts.  Then I had to sleep for about 2 hours.  This may or may not have to do with recovery, or my complete inability to ride a bicycyle.  I may have needed the nap if I did this 3 months ago.

In the Tuesday or Wednesday era, I ran on the treadmill - .5 miles at 6.3, minute walk, then 3x.25 at 6.3 with a minute walk between each one.

This morning I did 9 minutes ramping up from 5 to 6.6, minute walk, 5 minutes at 6.6, minute walk, 4 minutes at 6.6, to hit ~2.05 miles in 20 minutes. 

I don't really feel much pain any more.  I can tell my legs are still a little bruised, but they don't hurt unless I stretch into some weird unnatural/and/or pilates position.  My back muscles under and possibly around my incision site are a little sore or tender, but I don't think the incision itself is in any pain any more.

The primary pain I still feel is when I lean back, and I believe those are still effects of the laminectomy (cutting off the bone surrounding the spinal canal).

No comments:

Post a Comment