Monday, April 9, 2012

Running and exercise

Last week sometime I ran 1.25 miles - starting a 4mph, deciding that was boring, and incrementing (wow, that word is misspelled according to my browser dictionary, and the person sitting next to me adds emphasis that it's not a word) every minute by .2 until we hit 6mph!  Whoo!  Then I lasted about 2 minutes there until my legs turned to jello and was done.

In other news I did an incremental lifting competition last night (at a family easter party) whereby I wanted to see what my back could support, starting at the smallest nephew and proceeded incrementally upward.  By the time my sisters saw me I was at the 15-yo and they told me to stop, and what was I thinking, etc.  Which is okay, I don't think I would have dared go any higher.

Note that it's not quite the same as dead-lifting - I was lifting them from their standing position, which is a lot less work on the back.


No comments:

Post a Comment