Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Return to Karate

I went back to my karate class on Thursday for the first time in 2 months.  I was the only one there, so we went at my pace.  I wouldn't let them make me do spinning kicks or big grabs.

Some of the katas we were working on, they said I did better than before I left :)  But there were some things I was clearly down on.

For instance:
  • On the block-punch combinations, on the turn and do it with the opposite side, I was off
  • I couldn't even do half a pullup.  How embarrassing is that!
  • I couldn't even come within 6 inches of touching my toes.  That was because my back was really tight.
So today, 6 days later, I tried pullups again, and I managed 3.  I don't know how I managed that from 0 last week, but I won't complain.  At work, while I was waiting for compiles, I practiced stretching to my toes, and I eventually made it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment